Lehigh Valley Grant Services
Connecting non-profit entities with funding sources through strategy development, project refinement, and proposal writing since 2012.
LVGS is led by Julie Zumas, a licensed Professional Fundraising Counsel, who has extensive experience acquiring funding for various organizations throughout the Greater Lehigh Valley.
LVGS provides an array of services to meet the needs of each client:
- Grant Research
Using Foundation Directory Online and GrantStation research databases, I will identify corporate, government, and foundation funders for your organization.
- Project Refinement
This service includes helping you work through the details of your project to increase fundraising success. Areas include, but are not limited to: goals & objectives, evaluation planning, and program/project budgets.
- Proposal Writing
I will work with your organization to develop a strategy for each program/project and prepare all materials needed to submit the completed grant application package.
- Draft Review & Feedback
If you are new to grant writing and would like to prepare your own proposals, I can review your draft and provide constructive feedback. This service may also include putting a proposal into one voice, if written by multiple people, and/or polishing the final narrative to make the application read well.
- Grant Management
This overall management plan includes all of the services listed above plus managing your grants calendar and helping you complete your grant reports.
- Program Management
I will properly manage your awarded grant by ensuring deliverables are being met on-time and within budget, and reports are being completed and submitted when due. This will be accomplished by coordinating activities between departments such as finance, program, and marketing.
Grant Research – $250
Does your organization need to research new grant opportunities because you have been applying to the same funders year after year or you just don’t know where to start?
This promotional service includes:
• 30-minute consultation to discuss a specific program or project you are looking to get funded;
• 4 hours of grant research using Foundation Directory Online and GrantStation; and,
• A detailed report of approximately 8-10 prospects, including all the information you need to get started!
Grant Draft Review & Feedback – $100
Do you have a written proposal that needs some help? Well, help is here!
This promotional service includes:
• Review of a written grant proposal (up to 5 pages);
• Feedback on overall strategy, structure and content;
• 30-minute consultation to discuss my recommendations and an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about grants.
If you are interested in one of these services, please contact Julie Zumas at email@example.com and we can schedule a call to talk about your needs.
What sets me apart from other
"I am NOT just a writer! I help clients work through the details of their programs and services to come up with a model that is more likely to be funded. Most funders don’t want a sales pitch – they want to know that you have thought carefully about what you are proposing to do and did the research and planning necessary to ensure that what you are doing will be successful."
- Professional grant writer with over 15 years experience working in the government and nonprofit sectors.
- Masters degree in Public Health, Bachelors degree in Psychology with a minor in Communication Studies, and an Associates degree in Business Administration.
- President – Elect of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Lehigh Valley Chapter
- Board Member of the Bethlehem Area Public Library and the Boys & Girls Club of Bethlehem
- Born and raised in Bethlehem, PA and have been living in the Lehigh Valley for the majority of my life.
Efficient and knowledgeable are the words that come to mind when I think of Julie. I have had the pleasure of having Julie work as Shanthi Project’s grant writer for the past year. Above all, I was impressed with Julie’s ability to quickly comprehend our mission and effectively communicate our needs. Julie is a true asset for any non-profit requiring assistance with the grant program and comes with my heartful recommendation.Maureen Wendling, Executive Director, Shanthi Project
It has been less than a year, but I was immediately impressed with Julie's ability to quickly become knowledgeable on the ins and outs of the Cancer Support Community of the Greater Lehigh Valley. Her attention to detail and efficient work as our grant writer has been a huge help for our organization. Julie has been a true asset to us and will be for any non-profit requiring assistance with the grant writing and program development. Julie comes with my most highest recommendation.Amanda Buss, Executive Director, Cancer Support Community of the Greater Lehigh Valley
Julie is a strong committed professional who is knowledgeable about grant writing and public health needs. She has a strong network in the community and works well with a variety of other professionals. Through Julie's hard work and efforts we (BASD) were the recipients of a federal REMS grant and in the near future we will be working to complete a PEP grant.Kathy Halkins, Health Services Department Chair, Bethlehem Area School District